DataScape, LLC provides a database of accurate and reliable plant nomenclature and pricing to the horticultural or green industry.
DataScape, LLC is in the process of re-designing the "Guide to Commercial Nomenclature" and is working to make this new and updated version of this unique reference tool available online.
The DataScape, LLC database is:
· respectedSince 1997, the plant nomenclature and plant pricing database has been used for the Nursery Crop Insurance Program provided by the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
· extensiveOver 37,500 botanical plant names are included in the database with associated common names, invalid or alternate botanical names, commercially-used botanical names, keywords and USDA minimum hardiness zones.
· currentAll plant names in the database have appeared in nursery or grower catalogs since 1990. Therefore, all plants have been or are currently offered for sale by wholesale nurseries in the United States.
· dynamicPlant names are continually added to the database as they appear in grower catalogs. They are also periodically adjusted to reflect the necessary changes in plant nomenclature determined by taxonomists.
· accurateNoted plant nomenclature and taxonomic experts, as well as International Registrars, are consulted to guarantee the accuracy of the plant nomenclature.
Watch this site for news
EMAIL: contactus [at] datascapellc [dot] com